Monday 18 November 2013

HAVE YOU HAD YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE CHECKED LATELY?


I was in Reddington hospital, Victoria Island earlier today to do my periodic health and had a very good reading for my blood pressureIt was 116/67mmHg. My blood pressure reading was always in the range of 117-120/70-80mmHg. These readings are quite important for me because not only do I help people to lower their blood pressure, it shows I live what I teach.

The chart below will show you the various readings and their implications


What I have done to keep my blood pressure within the normal range (and you can achieve it too) is this:

1. I don’t eat meat and animal products of any kind except stock-fish, dried fish or smoked       fish.
    Animal products including eggs and dairy are a source of saturated fat (cholesterol).           Saturated fat goes into your arteries and cause high blood pressure.

2. I drink 3 litres of water daily.  1 litre in the morning, 1 litre in the afternoon and 1 litre in         the evening.

3. I eat a lot of vegetables: Garden eggs, vegetable soup(afang, edikanikong)

4. I don't eat salt foods.My wife hardly use white salt to prepare our meals. We boil our rice,   yam, potatoes and fry plantain without salt.

5. I take garlic and ginger juice in zobo (home made) drink daily

6. I take my daily skipping exercise seriously.
     - I skip for 200 times daily and it takes me just 10mins to do so.

*Take your blood pressure reading as regularly as you can. I think it’s FREE self .

You can eliminate high blood pressure without  drugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment